PureGround Cord FAQs
I believe it is crucial for our body to be connected to the earth outside, grounded.
I also want to protect our bodies from EMFs and the harm done
to our tissues from radiation exposures, which is now a medical fact.
Wanting to maintain the robust innate health of the human body through grounding while still shielding it from exposures to resonant EMFs and dirty electricity is what lead me to partner up with an electrical engineer (who graduated with his PhD from MIT) to develop the PureGround EMF filtering and shielding ground cord.
Here are answers to your most pressing questions on how and why the PureGround cord is the safest way to get grounded indoors:
1. What is the PureGround cord?
The PureGround cord is the only grounding cord in the world which has a patented filter at the ground pin that filters out AC current and dirty electricity from entering the cord and protects and shields the purity of the ground connection all the way up the line.
The entire cord is shielded so that it blocks EMFs in the local environment from impacting the cord, from one end all the way to the other. This enables healing electrons from the earth to flow to body but does not allow EMF or other currents on the ground wires to reach you.
2. How does it work?
The PureGround cord contains components that act like one-way valves that only allow healing electrons from the earth to reach your body.
The PureGround cord protects you in three ways:
- it doesn’t allow stray current on grounding wires and circuits to reach you
- it doesn’t allow AC current to travel on the cord and reach your grounding tool
- it shields the cord to reduce EMFs induced on the PureGround cord itself.
3. Does it help with EMFs?
The PureGround filter reduces AC current on the cord and doesn’t allow it to reach your body. And because the shielding that wraps the entire length of the cord prevents EMFs from inducing current on the ground cord itself, you won’t be resonant to the ambient EMFs in your environment when using the PureGround Cord.
Here is a video demonstrating this for you:
However, as I demonstrate for you in the video above, just because the PureGround cord makes your ground connection a more pure ground connection, it won’t remove the EMFs from your environment, only from your grounding cord.
Although the PureGround cord will purify your grounding experience, to reduce EMF exposures you will still need to shield yourself… I give you tons of tips on doing this in the questions below. Just keep reading!
4. But I was told that grounding creates a Faraday Cage around me and protects me from EMFs… is that true?
Unfortunately this is a dirty secret that most grounding companies does not want you to know — there is no such thing as a Faraday Cage around you. It is actually your own body that is absorbing the EMFs and passing the AC current through your body when you use a standard ground cord.
Here is an informative page that will tell you more about why you don’t want to see AC Voltage drop when you are grounding, and why the PureGround Cord is essential to stop AC currents from running through the human body while grounding.
One investigative filmmaker, Andrew Lankes, who is not associates with or compensated from my company nor Earthing.com, did an in-depth investigation into his Earthing.com standard cord and a PureGround and shares his insights with you right here:
To quote the filmmaker directly: “No! Earthing is not a f*%#ing Fardaday Cage for you!”
While grounding your body does put it instantly into a healing state, it does nothing to mitigate the EMF’s around you. Nothing. Many folks in the grounding community fully believe the fallacy that grounding immunes you from EMFs, which is a grave mistake. We need both grounding AND shielding in order to feel our best in this modern world. Both work to protect your conductive health… it’s not one or the other.
5. I thought grounding reduced voltages on the body, I didn’t realize that my own body was mitigating the AC Current. So will the PureGround show a drop in body voltage?
Cellular processes on your body are direct current (DC) voltages while man-made voltages from power lines and other electronics are alternating current (AC) voltages.
So while your PureGround cord drops your DC voltage to neutralize with the earth (meaning you are equalized with the earth’s natural DC energy and electrons from the earth are traveling up the line to heal you… in other words, you are grounded!) it will not drop your AC voltage reading.
That’s because the PureGround cord is specifically designed *not* to allow AC current to travel on the line and reach you, protecting you from having the AC current enter your organs and tissues. So if you are measuring AC voltage, it will not show a drop in AC current.
This is exactly what you want, because if AC voltage is lowering when you are grounded, that means it is now running through your body instead. Click over to read this page on the real truth behind what the AC current is doing to you through a standard ground cord. Or watch the video below. I created this video for you to show this to you through testing with a multimeter and other testers.
This will give you immediate clarification:
6. So how do I make sure I’m grounded through the PureGround cord?
Many ground test meters try to run a current up a ground cord to test the connection, and the PureGround cord is so good at preventing current from reaching your body that it will protect you from this current by blocking it, and the meter will not work.
To verify ground, you’ll need to use a test meter that sends the signal down the line, away from the body, to test continuity to ground, or you can use a multimeter set to test DC current, which is the ground current.
If you want to verify you are grounded while using a PureGround cord, the easiest way is to simply use a compatible ground tester, like this one:
7. How can I test if there are any voltages on the ground circuit in my house?
There are several ways to measure voltages on the ground circuit in your house or apartment.
- The easiest step is to take a voltmeter set to alternating current (VAC) and place one probe into the grounding pin of a wall socket and the other into the neutral pin on the socket (a slightly longer slot, usually on the right in North American plugs).
- A second approach is to install an independent ground rod into the earth outside your house, then put one probe of the voltmeter on the rod and the other into the grounding pin of the wall socket.
If you’re not using a PureGround filter your body will be exposed to these additional voltages. These voltages can be even higher than the DC voltage you’re trying to remove in the first place!
Voltmeters have both DC and AC settings (V- and V~). It’s simple:
- To measure voltages generated by your body’s cellular processes, and to make sure you are grounded, set your meter on DC (V-).
- To measure EMF exposure or stray voltages in your house set your voltmeter on AC (V~).
Be sure to use a multimeter capable of measuring down to milli-volts (mV).
8. How do I know if I am ElectroHyperSensitive (EHS)?
If you feel worse when you ground through a standard ground cord, instead of better, you are probably EHS.
That is because the standard ground cord is allowing AC current to reach your body and being mitigated by your own body, and it makes you feel sick. This is the hallmark of being EHS — feeling sick in the presence of unnatural, man made currents and EMF exposures on your body. I go into great detail for you on how to diagnose and treat EHS, plus tons of free healing resources for you on how to feel better, on my Electrosensitivity Resources page here.
9. I was told that my negative symptoms was just a “Grounding Detox” and that I should keep grounding to get used to it, even if I feel worse. Should I?
No. In my medical opinion if you feel worse when grounding, don’t continue.
If you feel sick when grounding through a standard cord, discontinue grounding indoors and only ground directly on the earth outside, or upgrade to using a PureGround cord, which will block that AC current that is making you sick.
There is no such thing as a grounding detox — anyone who tells you that is likely not a medical professional and doesn’t understand how the human body works.
A physician would tell you never to ignore your body’s symptoms… those symptoms are your body telling you something is not right. Healing is all about feeling better and better and better, not worse. Do not ignore these symptoms.
Hop over here to read an article I wrote for you that goes into the symptoms of a so-called “grounding detox” and what you are really feeling, it’s important information to know and it’s waiting for you right here.
10. But the Earthing Institute says the PureGround cord stops electrons from reaching you… does it?
If you are confused, that’s what other grounding companies are relying on. Until the Earthing Institute acknowledges the millions of folks that can literally feel the current running up a standard ground cord into their body, they will rely on confusion and misleading claims to hang on to your business.
The PureGround cord only allows current to flow in one direction, with electrons from the earth heading straight to your body as you need them. Ahhhh… that’s called a DC current, and is responsible for the healing relief of grounding!
What the PureGround will block, and block effectively, is an AC current. Your body does not need or want to have an artificial, man-made AC current running to it. To help you understand the difference between man-made AC current and natural, healing DC current, you might enjoy this free article I wrote for you here.
Despite what the Earthing Institute hopes you will believe, the resistance to electron flow through a PureGround cord to your body is virtually the same as their standard ground cord.
Let’s put this in perspective. The speed of electrons (the speed of light) is so much faster than the speed of biological systems (you) that it makes the resistance in either ground cord completely negligible to your body and health. Whether the resistance is from the 100k Ohm resistor found in standard cords or the variable resistance from a PureGround cord, both result in delays that are virtually unmeasurable. The speed of light is 3×10^8 m/s, which is crazy fast, so small amounts of charge passing through small resistors is still incredibly fast. Any delay is measured in microseconds. A microsecond delay has zero impact on the flow of electrons to the body and the resultant health benefits.
If a grounding company is trying to scare you, by using a microsecond difference in order to try to sell you a standard ground cord that allows an artificial, man-made current to run into your body, I think it’s safe to say that your health is not that business’s number one priority and instead, gimmicks and sales are.
Want to hear from an objective researcher? Here is an independent film that shows a neutral third party evaluating a standard ground cord with a EMF protective PureGround cord — it’s definitely worth a watch!
11. Can my personal physician do anything to help me if I am EHS?
YES, absolutely yes!
There is a huge movement of physicians who are becoming aware and clear on how the non-stop onslaught of EMF exposures are affecting the physiology of the human body.
Many physicians feel that autoimmune disorders, inflammatory disorders of all kinds, insomnia, nausea, chronic fatigue, pain, dizziness, headache, food allergies, chemical sensitivities, anxiety, depression and psychiatric disorders are all on the rise secondary to around-the-clock saturation of our bodies with radiation.
So here are some resources I have pulled together for you to share with your physician in order to help spread awareness. Here is what you can do before your next doctor’s appointment:
A. Print out this medical guideline for the diagnosis and treatment of electrosensitivity to hand to your doctor:
Electromagnetic hypersensitivity (EHS) has been recognized as a diagnosable disorder since 2012 in Austria, where they have very specific guidelines for diagnosis and treatment.
This may be a helpful guideline to print out and hand to your physician, just click the link below:
B. Fill out this electrosensitivity questionnaire and bring it to your next appointment:
You can pre-fill out the exact same questionnaire that is used for the evaluation of EHS by the Austrian Medical Association and bring this with you to your next appointment to share with your physician.
Just click the link below to print out and take it for yourself:
C. Consider taking a EMF vacation to help rule out other causes:
You never want to ignore other, more easily treatable sources of illness and disease. Doing a non-EHS full work up for any symptoms you are having is always appropriate.
But similar to an elimination diet to figure out what foods are causing gut inflammation, you can consider an EMF vacation to see what symptoms resolve in the absence of persistent EMF exposures.
Camping in a remote location with no electronics for several days to weeks whenever possible, grounding your body to the earth in this natural setting to help expedite recovery, and then seeing what symptoms return when normal living arrangements are resumed can help really clarify what is EMF related and what is not.
D. Ground the human body to help increase resiliency, but only with the PureGround cord for all indoor grounding applications:
Grounding the body is a natural healing state for all living things to be in, but for those with EHS you want to be sure you are not introducing any AC current or dirty electrical currents into the body via your ground cord.
Be sure all grounding tools are grounded with a PureGround filtering and shielding cord to preserve the purest ground connection possible without resonance to manmade EMF fields in the area while grounded.
E. Consider EMF mitigating supplements:
I have all of the most studied supplements, ones that can potentially protect from the potential health risks from EMF exposures, for you in this EMF Mitigation Protocol.
F. Ask your doctor for a laboratory evaluation of EMF mediated inflammatory markers:
These markers can include blood levels of high-sensitivity C reactive protein (hs-CRP), immunoglobulin E (IgE), histamine.
Salivary melatonin levels and salivary cortisol levels can also be tested.
Print out this article to give to your physician for them to consider these markers and others when evaluating patients with possible electrohypersensitivity… just click the link below:
G. Decrease EMF Exposures On Your Own:
You don’t need a physician to formally diagnose you with EHS before reducing your exposures and symptoms.
Click over here for a printable checklist with 25 easy things to do to reduce your EMF exposures as a starting point. You can go further with this by hiring a building biologist to evaluate your home if desired.
At the very least, start with these 5 steps:
- Turn your cell phone onto airplane mode whenever not in use, when charging, and while sleeping at night. Don’t bring your phone into your bedroom but if you must, put it on airplane mode and place it behind a Bedside Shield. Never hold cell phone up to the head, use speakerphone or text instead. Carry your cell phone in a shielding case when you need to carry it on your person, in a pocket, in your purse, in a bookbag, etc…
- Remove cordless phones from your home and change to a corded phone, as well as remove any LED or CFL light bulbs in favor of traditional incandescent bulbs.
- Cover your wifi router with a router guard to decrease radiation throughout your entire home while in use during the day, and turn off the wifi all together when not in use at night.
- Ask to have your smart meter turned off or shielded (best to have a building biologist shield your meter for you.)
- Sleep under an EMF shielding blanket at night, and consider shielding clothing for daytime use.
H. Decrease Your Other Toxic Exposures:
There are lots of other ways you can boost your health and keep your body less burdened with toxic exposures, which is particularly crucial if there are EMF exposures you can’t modify.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Reduce total body toxic burden by eating less processed and artificial foods, and more antioxidant rich natural healthy foods. Reducing environmental toxins like artificial fragrances and toxic household cleaners and toxic body, beauty and oral care products also goes a long way to reducing the total burden you put on your body each day. And absolute stop using those fake toxic chemicals on your lawn as well!!!
- Wash your hands before eating anything to remove all the chemicals we pick up as we go about our day so you don’t get traces of them into your mouth with each meal.
- Supplement with antioxidants that can help alleviate free radicals and oxidative damage, potentially decreasing risks from EMF exposures. Glutathione, Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), folate, and even Melatonin â€” these are all powerful antioxidants that help slow or even reverse damage from oxidation. I have all my favorite, very highest quality supplements in the world waiting for you in my EMF Mitigation Protocol right here.
- Drink filtered water in large quantities daily
- Get plenty of natural sunlight daily to boost longevity.
- Get a pet.
- Sauna routinely to boost health.
- Increase your sleep by just one hour to increase your lifespan.
- Exercise daily to help deliver much needed fresh oxygen and nutrients to all organ systems as well as aid in the removal of toxins and waste by-products. Exercise absolutely boosts your body’s health and resiliency!!!
- Embrace a positive, uplifting health mantra.
Help spread awareness not only on the actionable things you can to help boost awareness of electrohypersensitivity in the medical community, and enjoy all of the actionable things you can do to reduce your own toxic exposures to boost your innate resilient health… even without a physician’s recommendation!
Sharing this page with all of your loved ones will help them do the same.
I hope this Q&A was helpful!
If you want more resources, here are some previous blog posts I’ve written for you already on ways to support your conductive health and decrease your radiation exposures:
- The Effects of EMFs On The Human Body & The Natural Antidote (+ Free Printable)
- The Pentagon Already Knows that EMFs Are Impacting Brain Function… Here’s How
- The Secret Behind A â€œGrounding Detoxâ€ â€” What Your Symptoms Are Really Telling You
- Shielding: Your Ultimate At Home Guide + How To Diagnose Electrohypersensitivity With Your Physician
- How To Protect Your Teens From EMF Exposures
- Tips To Help Anyone Who Is Electrosensitive (EHS) Feel Better
- How To Tell If You Are Electrosensitive And What To Do About It
- How To Get Your Physician To Take EMF Sensitivity Seriously
- Is It Safe To Ground Around EMFs?
- Largest Study On Cell Phone Radiation, Here’s What You Need To Know
- The Latest Grounding Study + An Easy Way To Make Grounding More Effective
- Why Grounding Specifically Helps With Chronic Conditions
- The Hidden Benefits Of Grounding: Why It Helps More Than Just Your Body
I’m proud to offer the only eco-friendly, ethically crafted, organic grounding tools in the world, alongside the patented PureGround EMF filtering and shielding cord, which is proudly made in the USA… all waiting for you in The Grounding Boutique right here:
You can also find all my favorite EMF shielding tools in The Shielding Boutique on my website, right here:
Ready to dive deeper with me?
It’s absolutely possible to be EHS and safeguard your health, while still living in the modern world. In this class I will walk you through exactly how to do it, starting with a self assessment tool that will help you figure out if you are electrohypersensitive (EHS) and following up with a full week to walk you, step by step, through your living spaces to making them safer for you and your entire family.
Plus I give you tons of encouragement and additional tools to boost your health, decrease the reactivity and inflammation in your body from any EMF exposures that you can not decrease…
…as well as tools to give you the confidence to address EHS with your own in person physician, with free printables you can hand them to get the conversation started.
This 7 day online class includes:
- Day 1: What is electrosensitivity and how to assess if you are electrosensitive
- Day 2: Removing exposures you can remove (I’ll walk you through it!)
- Day 3: Reducing exposures you can reduce (let’s do it together!)
- Day 4: Shielding from remaining exposures: key concepts & actions to take
- Day 5: Grounding to rebalance your conductive health with natural earth EMFs
- Day 6: Boosting your body’s resiliency to mitigate exposures you can’t control
- Day 7: How to talk to your physician about further in person diagnosing & treatment of EHS
Reserve your spot today and take action to protect your well being (and forward this to your family and loved ones so they can take it with you!) Taking this with an accountability buddy is a great idea so you can encourage each other and stick with it. And I’ll be your ultimate accountability partner, walking beside you the entire way:
It absolutely doesn’t have to be overwhelming, I’ll break it down for you into easily actionable steps that will leave you feeling empowered, not scared.